As we walked up Charles Street on our way home recently, we noticed advertising for the long-awaited, much-anticipated expansion of the Charm City Circulator's Purple Route to 33rd Street (newly crowned winner of the Best (And Only) Public Transportation Expansion). Lo and behold, they appeared to be signs for the new stops!
We emailed Kathy Dominick, a spokeswoman with the city's Department of Transportation, and she confirmed this was the case. Here are the new places you'll be able to pick up the Purple Line:
- North Avenue @ Charles - Station North Arts District (Northbound)
- 22nd Street @ Charles (Northbound)
- 25th Street @ Charles (Northbound)
- 27th Street @ Charles (Northbound)
- 31st Street @ Charles - Baltimore Museum of Art (Northbound)
- 33rd Street @ St. Paul - Med Star Union Memorial Hospital (Southbound)
- 29th Street @ St. Paul (Southbound)
- 25th Street @ St. Paul (Southbound)
- 22nd Street @ St. Paul (Southbound)
- North Avenue @ St. Paul - Station North Arts District (Southbound)
In an email, Dominick writes, "We are still on track to move forward with the Purple Line extension on October 5th." Hallelujah!