Murders this Week: 4; Murders this Year: 67

City police officers fired shots for the ninth time this year, killing one man and wounding another. The latest incident occurred on the 2700 block of Edmondson Avenue on Monday, April 22 at about 10 p.m. Western District police officers Lester Manuyag and Alejandro Pena were on foot when they came upon men in a car, shooting at something. The police shot at the men in the car, killing Larry Hooker, a 23-year-old African-American man from the 900 block of North Ashburton Street. Two other men were reportedly wounded. One was identified as Ricky Dixon, a 21-year-old African-American man. He was charged with attempted murder and handgun crimes. The other injured suspect was not identified by police at press time.

Tuesday, April 23

8:22 a.m. Northern District police responded to the 2600 block of Loyola Southway for a report of a non-breathing individual. Medics showed the police to the backyard of a residence, where they found an African-American man later identified as Marcus Anton Lesane, 27, of the 4500 block of Manorview Road. He had been shot multiple times and was dead.

Thursday, April 25

12:49 a.m. Shortly after midnight, Northeastern police responded to a call for a shooting on the 4000 block of Ridgecroft Road in the Waltherson neighborhood. They found a man, whose name was withheld pending notification of his family, outside on the street, shot in the chest. He died an hour later at an area hospital.

3:38 p.m. 14 hours later, a mile and a half down Belair Road, on the 3100 block of Pelham Avenue, two people were shot. Kelvin Darnell Moyd, a 49-year-old African-American man who lived on the 3000 block of Pelham Avenue, died after he was shot multiple times by an unknown person. A second person, whose name police did not release, was also grazed by a bullet.

Sunday, April 28

2:55 a.m. Just a few blocks from the last murder, on the 2800 block of Erdman Avenue, Leon Cannady, a 36-year-old African-American man who lived across town, on the 2900 block of Clifton Avenue, was shot to death in what police think was a road-rage incident. Cannady was taken to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead at 3:17 a.m.

Copyright © 2019, Baltimore City Paper, a Baltimore Sun Media Group publication | Privacy Policy