1) Find a wide open area suitable for falling down a lot; try a basic wheelie going uphill first. This will make sense later.
2) Get going forward a couple of notches up from “slow.”
3) With one pedal at about 12’clock, at the top of its rotation, apply pressure while pulling back on the handlebars with your arms straight.
4) Find the “balance point,” where the bike “naturally” rides on one wheel; apply brake pressure when the bike begins to topple backward.
5) Or, get up, check for serious injury, and re-attempt.
6) 12 o’clock is, unnaturally, past this balance point.