Murder Ink

Murders this week: 4

Murders this year: 97

The city had a five-day stretch without recording a new homicide, then violence exploded with a murder each on June 26 and June 28 and a triple shooting that left two dead on June 29.

Thursday, June 26

10:52 a.m. Terrez Bowden, a 46-year-old African-American man, was on the 3600 block of West Coldspring Lane where the Dolfield and Ashburton neighborhoods meet. He was shot in the head and taken to a hospital, where he died. Police arrested Dwight Jenifer, a 26-year-old African-American man, the same day. Jenifer is charged with first-degree murder and was held without bail.

Saturday, June 28

11:46 p.m. Terrell Jarrett, a 21-year-old African-American man, was on the 1300 block of Ward Street in the Washington Village neighborhood when someone shot him in the chest and stomach. Medics took him to a hospital but Jarrett was pronounced dead about 45 minutes later. Police said Jarrett’s last known address was on the 1600 block of Smallwood Street, about two and a half miles from where he was killed. A 2013 court record, in which Jarrett was charged with “playing dice for money,” listed his address as 321 N. Carrollton Ave., which is 16 blocks up Carey Street.

Sunday, June 29

6:54 p.m. Three men were shot on the 800 block of Allendale Street. At press time two of the men had died. Cedric Stancil, an 18-year-old African-American man who lived on the 4700 block of Williston Street, was pronounced dead at 7:38 p.m., police said. Jamal Campbell, a 20-year-old African-American man who lived on the 2300 block of Winchester Street, died at 11:55 p.m. They were the fourth and fifth men murdered by gunfire in Edmondson Village this year. The third victim was being treated for his injuries.


Because of a communication glitch with the police department last week, Murder Ink did not record the death of George Nealy III, a 26-year-old African-American man who was shot in the head, arm and hip. On Monday, June 16, at 10:27 p.m. police were called to the 100 block of S. Payson Street, in the Carrollton Ridge neighborhood, and found Nealy there. He died soon after. Nealy’s family is trying to raise money for his funeral. On the Give Forward website they say he was an organ donor and had no insurance.

Copyright © 2017, Baltimore City Paper, a Baltimore Sun Media Group publication | Privacy Policy